- Log in to your GCcollab account.
- Go to the group you want to create your event in
3. Select group, Click on More and then Event
- Click on Add event
- Fill out the Title, the description of the event in English and French in the fields provided. Complete all mandatory fields then Save.
Notes: by default, the time of the event is set to Eastern time. Please plan your event accordingly.
Details: Posting an event
- Brief description: acts as a short summary of the event. It should catch the attention of users as they browse through list of events. Try and keep this to a single sentence for each language used (5-15 words each).
- Long description: acts as a full description what the event is and any other identifying information. Try to be as detailed and transparent as possible. Any acronyms should be written out in full before continuing with the acronym.
- Language: in the case of a bilingual event, use the language tabs to post the content in both official languages.
- Tags: tags are keywords that reflect the purpose of your event. They are identifiers that make it easier for other members to find your event. Here are some quick guidelines on how to use tags:
- Separate each tag with a comma and space
- Tags should be words or short phrases people will likely use to search for events like yours
- Remember to enter tags in both languages in order for as many people as possible to to find your event