There are three ways that you can search for user profiles:
Most users have either Firstname.Lastname or Firstname.lastname (Note: This is case sensitive) as their username. Each user gets a user page by default. Typing “User: Firstname.Lastname” or “User: Firstname.lastname” in the search box will bring up the page of the user if their username follows this format. However, older users (pre-2011) did not have their user page auto-created so if you are searching for someone with an older account you may not be able to find them this way.
If the user’s username does not follow the standard format, you may also find them by:
- Search the person’s name from the main search box in the upper right of the page.
- On the results screen, uncheck all boxes except User and List redirects and press the search button again.
- You should be able to find matching names where the user has a non-standard username.
If neither of the above work you can also:
- Go to Special:ListUsers which lists all users to a maximum of 500 per page.
- Go to the range of the person you are looking for.
- Use the Find on this page feature in your browser (Ctrl-F) which will find the information you entered if it appears on that page.